Saturday, March 14, 2015

Another Good Day - Eeeeeeek

Does anyone else worry when things are going well? Yesterday was good and so was today. Eeeek!

So I got up and got out of the house after lunch - oh, there was one of the bad things (well, not bad, but not good either) - I decided to make mom some soup for lunch. I grabbed what I thought was the soup container, tossed it in the microwave and it turned into custard. Oops. It turned out that I had microwaved some leftover egg stuff. Poo. I didn't want to look for the soup, so I made mom some New England clam chowder (which she used to love) and she ate a good amount of it, leaving some of the potatoes.

After lunch, I headed out to the Smith and got a good chunk of work done. Fixed the slide-show and uploaded it (and downloaded it). Got some stuff figured out about Theatre Manager - still have a long way to go - talk about a deep program! It does everything except my laundry. I also added Spotify to two laptops. Then I checked the movie only to find that a few items hadn't been flown in and the borders and some legs. So that was taken care of. Oh, and light in the dressing room area wasn't dead,  there was just a switch switched incorrectly. Which reminds me, I want to get that fixed somehow. Maybe for now, it just gets heavily gaff taped.

While we are on the subject, my staff did a pretty good job last night. We did the load-in and got the drum riser down and then I boogied and I only heard a couple of little peeps out of them. Huzzuh!

Yesterday, a Facebook Friend posted a status saying that she was selling her husband's bicycle. (I hope he knew about it.) It was a Trek that was a few years old - a little small for me, but inexpensive and in good shape. Today I bought it to replace the one that was stolen last year. Took it to the bike shop to get a look-see done, a couple of things added (front rain guard thingie - I know there is a word for it - sigh - I hope I am not going to have Alzheimer's - I don't have anyone to take care of me. Maybe Kyle will... - toe clip pedals, a nice rear rack and they are going to put my rear view mirror on for me (no charge)).

Then back at home, I played a bit - can't seem to get an economic victory - and made dinner with out going to the grocery store - salad and hot dogs and baked beans. And I brushed my hair for no apparent reason apparently. Sigh. Mom and I are watching Studio 60 and I am trying to get this blog post written and posted.

Speaking of salad - I took a couple of pictures - salad fixings and then finished salads. Please enjoy them.

Lots of yummies!
Finished Salads before dressing
Quick thing about the new to mom phone - a while ago I bought a phone that was designed for Alzheimer's patients - it has buttons that could have pictures put in them for people in the early stages - push the button and be connected to whoever the picture is. Mom is way past that, so I have programmed all the buttons to dial my phone. When I got the phone, I tried programming it on my phone line and was told by the manufacturer that it didn't work with VOIP phones. Poop. So I put out a plea for people with real landlines to be met with a resounding silence. Except for my friend Rosanne out in CA. So I eventually packed the phone in a box and shipped it out to her, only to discover that she also had a VOIP phone. Sigh. Then, recently, I was at the Smith in the ticket booth and I noticed that the credit card machine was plugged into a phone jack - and I put two and seven together and realized that it must be a straight land line! When the phone came back, I took it into the Smith, today, and lo and behold it worked well and the phone got all programmed. Can I get a(n) "huzzuh?"


No comments: