Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pinched

The gate at the head of the stairs got me finally. I guess I was just not paying attention. A little pinch on my right pointing finger. I woke up this morning and there was an actual owie there. Owie!

One of the pluses about mom's current state is that she seems to be using less tissue paper in general. Small blessings?

My brain is feeling fuzzy. Maybe it is lack of good sleep. Who knows? I do know that I am a tiny bit concerned about the shows coming up. Not in a large way. I mean, it is the theatre, right? It will all work out in the end. (What is that line from Shakespeare in Love?) And it is a finite thing, this too shall pass. Eventually it will be Sunday again and both shows will be over and done with at The Smith. So, what's to worry about? Nada. But I digress. I am also concerned about how awake my crew is going to be on Friday morning at 5:30 am. I guess I will need to be in bed around 9 in order to be at the Smith by 5 ish. Sigh. And I don't know if anyone is going to be able to stay and work the shows - besides Terren who has to since no one else on my staff (well, maybe Pablo) is able to run Greg's sound console.

Went in and fixed a problem I had created with Theatre Manager. I will get my mind around that program at some point. It is starting to make some sense to me. Not a lot, but some. Later in the day I got the ticket booth printer up and running. It helps when both ends of the cable are plugged in as they ought to be. Sigh.

Watched Birdman tonight. Not sure what I thought about it. I have never really enjoyed Michael Keaton as an actor. I like Ed Norton generally. And Emma Stone, well, I love her. Overall, I liked it. But I didn't love it.

No comments: