Monday, March 23, 2015

Getting fat


Seems to me that I am eating for two - making up for mom not eating by eating everything in sight. It will even out eventually, I do believe in moderation in all things (including moderation). 

Smith day all day. Yippee. I got a couple of steps further along in the setting up the ticket booth as a place from which to sell tickets. With a lot of help from the Artsman tech support people. I didn't know there was a green switch that I needed to move in order for tickets to be usable. That would have been a useful piece of information to have from the beginning. And it turned out that there were a few things unstated in their tech notes - first - that you can only use the browser option without an ethernet switch if you have a mac - of course - and that only Firefox seems to work. After we got those things worked out, we actually got the printer to accept its changed IP address. Huzzuh! I tested changing my printer in Theatre Manager to the new printer and I got half of a yippee - I guess that would either be a yip or a pee. I will work on it more tomorrow or the next day. 

And that was most of my day. I did meet with a guy who is going to help try to get me the right boxes so that I can connect sound and laptop images wherever we want them to go. After our Electrician did his thing, we now have a whole lot of plugs in the projection booth - so I replugged everything into their own separate plugs which makes me happy. I also replugged some of the other cords to try to make things a bit neater. And it is a bit neater. And everything that I tested worked. I didn't test the BluRay player or the laptop - maybe tomorrow. We shall see.

Amongst that, I also went to the bank, made lunch for mom, went to the library and took a nap. Fun stuff. 

Soon it will be dinner time. I can hardly wait. Mom is getting salad, salmon and tater tots while I get chicken pockets, salad and I don't know what else. Maybe a tot or two.

Mom ate about two thirds of her salad, a bit of salmon and a few tater tots. She is, though, mostly asleep. Not sure what to do about that...And she hates the ensure stuff - too sweet. Hmm...

No comments: