Thursday, March 26, 2015

Loose Ends


Life is loose ends? Who knows? Anyway, I finished listening to the first Harry Potter book. I wonder if there is an audience for watching the movies on the big screen again. I will float the idea at the film committee. It would have to be an Event - with vendors and food and things. Butterbeer! And other things. I think there are seven movies - three on Saturday, four on Sunday or vice versa? I would also like to show all three Hobbit Movies. Costly, but I think we might be able to make our money back. I have started on the second audio book. Yay.

Call me "cable pulling guy!" Yup, this morning, I helped our electrician with some very difficult cable pulling. I stood there and every time he pulled the cable from where he was, I pulled the cable from where I was so he could have some slack to work with. He said he was going to get me a certificate, but I think he was joking.

My good deed for the month has been accomplished - in looking through some papers, I came upon 6 movie gift certificates that a lovely young lady gave me for my birthday a few years back. They are only good in Raleigh and since I don't envision myself living there again anytime soon (or ever in fact), I offered them up on Facebook. Two friends asked of them, so I am mailing each of them three certificates. Good deed accomplished! Huzzuh!

Every Wednesday an email comes from Travel Zoo. Some weeks I only drool over one item, sometimes I drool over five or six. I miss traveling and being on the road. Sigh. It is so sad that my relatives live so far away and that none are willing to come spell me for long enough so that I can go on a real vacation. Then again, all too soon, mom won't be around, so...

Speaking of mom, I think her shingles are definitely winding down. I heard the aide today saying that they looked better. That would be nice. I think another week and the external manifestations of the shingles will be gone. Here's hoping that there is no residual nerve pain. That would suck.


No comments: