Saturday, July 14, 2012

Two Blog posts and a daily challenge

That has been my day so far - I posted two brief brewpub blogs about places in Syracuse that I visited last year: Empire Brewing Co. and the Suds Factory. Both places I would like to revisit. And I probably will. At some point. Maybe in August. For now, I am content to not be driving very far in the car unless I am highly motivated. And a Daily Challange post - sometimes those are like little blogposts. And recently, I have been aiming for amusing or funny were possible in my DC posts. And I posted a new writing blog - not scintillating, but better than nothing in my opinion. Do people type IMHO anymore (besides me just then)?

Speaking of funny, I am working on a joke, but haven't figured it out yet. Who knew that writing something humorous could take actual work? This joke is beer related - there's a surprise - so I am afraid so far that only beer people would get it. I mean, how many non-beer interested people know what a growler is? Hmm? The joke has to do with having six pack abs versus having growler abs...

Yesterday, we got a leak fixed. I helped Justin a teeny bit - saved him maybe three minutes by doing things he could have done himself, but were a little bit easier if I did them for him - like flushing toilets and running water. Yay me. He, on the other hand, busted it out and worked his ass off to get the job taken care of. Removing a bunch of old pipe and replacing it with shiny new PVC. It was a fairly big job - no walls had to be removed and replaced, so it wasn't super huge - but still - it took the better part of the afternoon to complete. Even with my "help."

Other than that, let's see what excitement was in store at Chez Schoen-René. Well, mom did some culling in the red room. We now have ten items ready to go to the Center for Concern. And a couple of new rags! And she actually did some exercise. Used her little arm weight and got on her mini-treadmill (a step exercising thing) all by herself. Now if I can just keep her doing these things...

I wanted to take a minute and talk about my lack of an emotionally enriching romantic relationship. Some might take me for desperate. I am not. I am pretty happy in myself and my life. I am, though, easily motivated when I find someone I find interesting and attractive. And will go to great lengths to get to know someone and see if there is any chance of a relationship there. Just wanted to clear that up...

Justin

Look at all that shiny new plumbing!

Found some, finally

4 comments:

yesyesyes said...

Hi Gus,
This is Linh - in case you don't remember, I am the asian student that helped Rene with a few house chores a year or 2 back and we met at beef and brew last summer?
I can not find your email address anywhere and I wanted to say hi and ask how are you and Rene are doing. I have not read all of your posts but only some and seems like you had an awesome time going cross country. I'm really happy for you both. And Rene's Reunion pictures are absolutely lovely. Please tell her I say hi ( if she still remember me :) ) and that I'm sorry I didn't come by to say goodbye before i left, i was in quite a hurry to move across the country to seattle, WA last year after the summer i graduated. I worked there for a year and I am now back to Vietnam until further plans are set in motion. Keep writing, i understands it takes extraordinary discipline to keep posting regularly. Thanks so much and have fun with more journeys to come.

yesyesyes said...

sorry, also, my email is linhtr.n84@gmail.com - let me know what yours is so we can keep in touch!

Augustus said...

Hi Linh! Thank you for writing! I will certainly say hi to mom for you. I hope she will remember, but one never knows...

Augustus said...

I will send an email to your email so you can have my email...