Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day Twenty-Eight - Another Austin (TX) Day

Really, not a busy day at all. More of a relaxed, re-energize sort of day. Yay!

We did go to the Saucer for Glass Day. My favorite-est perk of being an MOU (or a Master of the Universe) is being allowed to get the glass at any time during the day on Wednesday and not having to wait until 7 pm, when the masses are allowed to get theirs. I feel special! Yay for feeling special. Mom got some coffee. I had two beers, though I had originally only planned to have the one - Timmerman's Strawberry Lambic (which was pretty good). I opted for the fire sale as well, which was a Full Sail Amber. Sarah, our server, had a lot of tattoos and pretty large gauges. One of her tattoos was of a Zombie Princess or something. I have a picture. I also chatted with Jason, one of the managers, Cara, the bartender from the night before and Elle, our server from the first Austin visit this go 'round. A nice start to the day.

Off we headed to Blanco (White?) Texas. That is where the BBQ was. Or what we in other parts of the country call a picnic or a potluck. It was heavily attended - lots of friends and family of the hosts. I love their place. Out in the countryside overlooking more country side. Cows wandering around, kids swinging, playing, trackballing. Chatted will lots of people about this and that. Ate lots of food. Went for a tour of their "cave." A very relaxing and pleasant day and evening!

The Timmerman's goblet

Guests at the BBQ

home made jalapeno bacon poppers

Mom and me at the patio of the cave

Moo!

4 comments:

Summerhill said...

Could it be that your mother is actually smiling in her picture today? I think she is! She is!

Great pic of you both. :)

Augustus said...

I think that is about the closest that has been caught so far, Summerhill! Thank you!

naturegirl said...

Awesome picture of you both ..yay for smiles ...and to having a great time . That beer is looking might good !

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! It tasted pretty good too!