Friday, July 13, 2012

I started a post yesterday, really

At least I opened a fresh post, but didn't get anything written in it. I did, eventually, get a brewpub blog post completed. I am still way behind there. Not in a judgmental way - just in an observational way. I think I have 6 or 8 started. And I know there are lots more that I need to catch up with. I am digging into the past as well as doing the ones that I visited during the Journey to the West. So far, today, I have started to flesh out two of the earliest ones that I have record of. And I am working on a writing blog post. Long time, no post there. And I am thinking about actually publishing a political post. (Ok, really, just thinking about it...) And I am Waiting for the Electrician Or Someone Like Him (actually a plumber friend) (If anyone knows the allusion without googling it, please comment somewhere and let me know...).

Speaking of the leaking, I offered to aid Justin in any way I could. I could stand to learn a little more about plumbing. Keeping the house functioning is a top priority if I am to keep mom here as long as we both can manage.

The day before yesterday, I walked down to the garage and picked up my car. I am so happy to not have that awful grinding sound piercing my ear drums. 4000 miles of that was quite enough, thank you! And that was about all I did. Oh, I called the Finger Lakes Home Care people - but I don't think I was clear enough with them. I will call them again on Monday. I did the regular stuff, I think - some food shopping, some cooking.

Yesterday was, as a friend calls them, a lazy day. I just did nothing. Napped a lot in fact. And cooked dinner. And walked down town to Microclimate - a new wine bar that opened in town. It seems out of place in Geneva, but one never knows. It could thrive. I don't know how many people like to go to wine bars in Geneva. Last night, it was fairly busy while I was there. I will probably go down again next Thursday. They do have a decent selection of beer - not great, but all interesting at least. And one of the co-owners is from near Toulouse in France. Maybe I can convince her to practice French with me when I am there. Anything is possible. I would love to have my French back at a conversational level...

I just culled my Journey to the West pictures down to 636 - only 136 more to cull before I think I will start putting them up on Facebook! - Woo hoo! Down to 470!

I just enjoy this tree

Very clever to plastic wrap leftovers that might leak



No comments: