Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Opera has begun

Another year, another opera. Ho hum. :)

Some of you may not know that I have been doing theatre for a few years. Last year, I worked on a version of Cinderella, helping out backstage. The group is back again this year and I am helping them out. Yay! I do enjoy working on theatre productions. The only difficulty is juggling my "mom responsibilities" with the time required for the production. Which is one reason that I don't do theatre. When I do it, it takes a lot of time and energy. It can, in fact, be all absorbing. We shall see  how it all plays out. This time, I am supposed to be the stage manager. What that means to all involved is anybody's guess. For a bunch of theatre people, we don't seem to be excellent communicators.

I think I actually looked at some code and might be getting back into working on Flippety. I have been back more than a week (from the marathon trip) and this is the first time that I have actually done anything remotely like tangibly working on Flippety. Baby steps aren't bad. Now, I just took the time to write down everything I want to change before I do the beta release. It doesn't look that impossible. Especially after finding a tutorial that walks one through adding "in app purchases" to an app.

What else exciting is going on? Not a whole lot. Mom seems to be percolating along, vacillating between the same level of forgetfulness and being totally out of it. I do wish we had the money for her to see a pyschologist. Even the co-pays - if her insurance would cover anything - would be a lot to handle just now.

I could talk again about the lack of a love life that I have. Wouldn't that be exciting? Or about food I have cooked, errands I have run. I could talk about mom more. Lots I could talk about. But right now, all I want to do is nothing. Again.

Bacon

Breakfast for dinner plus corn on the cob

eggrolls, fried rice and, uh, corn on the cob



No comments: