Sunday, July 29, 2012

Suddenly Sunday

Here we are, the beginning of the week. Or the end of the week. Or, if your week starts on Wednesday, I guess this would be the middle of the week. Does is really matter? It all seems so arbitrary sometimes. Often. In any case, it is Sunday. The Opera gets loaded into the theatre today so I will need to get out the door in the not too distant future. This post may take a long time to get finished. Or not. Maybe I will drill through it and get it done before I depart for the day.

First full day of the Olympics yesterday. If I had no life, I could easily see becoming absorbed in watching it. Oh, and if the coverage were a) more interesting and b) not so slanted and c) so sensational. Goodness, hype much? And I am minorly miffed that to be able to get streaming on NBC's website, you must be a cable subscriber. What the heck is that about? Oh, yeah, money. Sigh. The Olympics, like so much else, is more and more commercialized. And that is no fun for anyone... Ok, enough of that. It does keep my mom entertained a bit...

What else exciting happened? Oh, I got a call from the director of the Opera asking me to come help him pack up the rehearsal space in preparation for today's move into the theatre. That was fun. I do enjoy doing theatre related activities.

For dinner, more leftovers. I made a glop - a combination of a bunch of things tossed into a pan and heated up. And salad. I don't make a lot of salads for some reason. Too much work? Too boring? I don't know, I just don't make a lot of them.

After dinner, I headed out to Microclimate for a beer. I sat at the bar, as I usually do, and chatted with a bunch of people. Three nice couples from around the area. Very different and all pleasant. And another guy who popped in for a glass of wine. I don't know when next I will get there, as this week's schedule is unclear to me, but I hope to make it there at least once. They have a beer called Tusker from Nigeria that I would like to try. And I had Founder's Cerise last night - which was pretty good - a nice balance of sour and sweet. Yay beer!

Eeek, behind the sofa!

Packing up at Houghton House

Founder's Cerise

No comments: