Monday, July 16, 2012

The first click is the hardest

What I mean is, like anything else, really, starting is a tough thing to do. Though I am really good at starting things. I have the opposite problem, which is rife as well - finishing. Not so good at finishing projects. Which is one reason I appreciate blogging. I get a sense of satisfaction when I actually click the little "publish" button. Yay for senses of satisfaction! Yesterday, though, it took me a long time to make that final click. I am not really sure why. Let's review the day and see what kept me from completing the blog post earlier, shall we?

It was a typical Sunday, whatever the heck that means. One thing it means is that mom asked me about what mail we received - to which I answered that it was Sunday and there was no mail delivery. She also looked for the BBC America news program that she enjoys, and couldn't find it. Because it isn't broadcast on Sundays. And we had breakfast for dinner, later.

I spent most of the day puttering on the computer. I still haven't gotten my mind around actually working on Flippety. Have I made a list of the things I want to do? No! Because I am daunted by one of the tasks - making sure all of the images in the game are copyright free. And resizing them all. I also want to add another theme - perhaps eliminating the car theme since almost all of the images in there are other people's images and copyrighted. I really wish I had a graphic designer for this project - just can't afford one. And few people are willing to work for free. Speaking of which, the woman who was interested in making an app suddenly gave up talking to me. I bet that is an app that never sees the light of day.

Another part of the day (a short part) was spent walking to the grocery store and back again. It is only a mile away - maybe less - the round trip took me half an hour - which included returning a redbox video (the Sherlock Holmes we watched) and buying a green pepper! I do enjoy walking! Yay! And it was a lovely day. A bit on the warm side, despite the rain earlier. Surprisingly (or not) the ground was almost totally dry just a few hours after the downpour. I guess we need more rain! (It is overcast today...)

Last night, mom and I watched a bunch of television, besides eating our breakfast for dinner meal. The hashbrowns were almost great. I put the onions in too soon. Hopefully I will remember to add them later next time. We watched an Inspector Lewis episode on Masterpiece Mystery. I do enjoy British shows for some reason. At least the ones that I have seen...

Today I find out whether or not I am going to be working on the production of Barber of Seville at the Smith. I don't know what would be better - working on it or not working in it...

Little flowers (or weeds)

Yay clouds!

Great tree (imho)

No comments: