Saturday, July 28, 2012

Happy Saturday

Here it is, really Saturday and it feels like Sunday. Whatever. It is just another day. And an overcast one at that, here in Beautiful Geneva. Karl and his cast of characters departed early yesterday and headed back to continue their lives in Connecticut. And left us to continue ours here.

Mom, exhausted from the kids and from her antipathy for Candace, went to bed. I had a hard time getting her up to do anything.

While she was recouping, I did some work on Flippety, adding a feedback option, so that people can send me email from within the application. Hopefully lots of raves, but I am sure if enough people play it, bugs will be found. And feature suggestions will come in. I love how other people think that their ideas are so great. If they are so great, why don't they write an app and publish it? Hmm?

I was feeling a bit enervated as well. I even took an hour long nap. Yay napping. I do enjoy napping. Sadly it has been seemingly forever since I had someone to nap with. Still naps are great, even alone.

After napping, I took a walk to the library. My Connecticut friend (yes, I only have one friend in Connecticut...) said that she and her family were listening to The Hobbit on their drive to the shore, which inspired me to go to the library to see if I could find The Lord of the Rings in Audiobook format. I did, a condensed version. But I am going to look online in the catalog and see if I can find an unabridged set. It was great to have a nice long walk.

Mom did eventually come downstairs for dinner. I made leftovers which turned out pretty well. We will have left overs for the next couple of days, in fact. Yay leftovers! Then we watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I was miffed that they chose to run it with commercials. I know that NBC wants to make as much money as they possibly can (maximizing revenue seems to be almost mantra like in our society. Joy.). Still, some of it would have benefited from being seen straight through. Bits I liked especially were the transition into the industrial revolution and the forging of the Olympic rings - the health care stuff was good, I liked the flying doves/bicycles. I was underwhelmed by Paul McCartney at the end. I didn't like the June and Frankie thing all that well. I did like the way the Olympic Cauldron was created. Good thing there wasn't a technological glitch. And I liked the faux Glastonbury Tor with all of the flags of the various countries represented.

Candace and Jenna

Jacob and Skyelyn

Working on the porch

Leftovers take one!

No comments: