Friday, February 17, 2012

Wow, that was boring!

I like to change things up a little now and again. It is interesting to try new places and see new things. Well, last night, that kinda flopped on me. I decided to venture out to a couple of places that I haven't been in a while and see what was what. What was what was boring! First stop, Halsey's. They have good food there. And I like the atmosphere, overall. I sat at the bar for about 40 minutes and spoke barely a word to anyone. The bartender besides filling my order, basically acted as if I weren't there. Not that she was at all busy. Just didn't even look my way. Not that she is my favorite bartender on the planet anyway, but at least a "How are you this evening?" Or something would have been pleasant. Oh well.

I headed out and was going to go to Red Dove, but decided to try Eddie O'Brien's again. A bartender I had met there before was on duty. Neither of us clearly remembered each other's names - his was Kyle - he was closer with mine - thinking I was Gus - though where he got that, I don't know - I haven't introduced myself as Gus in 20 years. Anyway, that was the extent of our interaction. And, as in the previous place, no one was at the bar with whom I spoke. Yippee! Next week, back to Red Dove probably. Unless I go further afield and try a whole different City. Maybe it is time to try the Seneca Falls Parker's again...

Other than that, yesterday was pleasant enough. Mom and Ginger had a shower together - mom in the shower, Ginger outside. I made chicken omelets for dinner. Didn't that word used to have a lot more letter or am I hallucinating. I thought it was omelettes...hmm. Anyway, I also did a lot of work in the programming book. Yippee!

Today mom and I are going to do laundry. She may actually come out with me! We might actually look at shower stalls too - any thoughts on converting the smaller bathroom's tub into a shower stall? I don't want to go too inexpensive, but I also don't want to break the bank with the project...


No comments: