Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowless Sunday

Mom is anti-football - and I just couldn't be bothered to sit through the game - even to see the commercials and the half-time show. I know, I am a bad American. I get that a lot. I even called my fries "French" during the beginning of the Iraq, er, war. I will never be elected president.

We watched some Downton (keep wanting to type downtown) Abbey and a 60 minutes special on 3 Special Women. The one about Wintour really felt uncomfortable to me for some reason.

I also popped out to do a little food shopping and chatted with one of my fleeting fancies! Always makes the day a little brighter doing that. Notes from the Universe extolled me (and whoever else the message was sent to) to get out more. Sigh.

Today it is supposed to be unseasonably warm again. Yay! My plan is to drag mom out to Rochester. I am looking in to fixing my stymied-ness of yesterday. Either getting a new mac, or upgrading the one I have - I don't know how long I have to be without my computer, but when I know more, I will make a decision. I wish that I could install RAM myself easily, but working on laptops has always scared me a little.

Sorry about the lack of pictures the past couple of days. I have been feeling incredibly indolent - one of my mom's favorite words. Still feeling pretty lazy in fact.

Breakfast for dinner - still trying to get hash browns perfect - or good even...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're using fresh potatoes (as opposed to frozen) put the grated potatoes in cold water, until you're ready to fry them. It prevents them from discoloring. Your hashbrowns look good, at least to me.

Anonymous said...

And drain the water and blot the potatoes well before frying.

Augustus said...

That is a good thought, Anonymous!

Augustus said...

I do generally fry them up right away, though...