Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hummus Hater?

Turns out that my mom doesn't like hummus. Weird, but yay! I guess I have to eat it all myself. Hahahahahahahahahaha! :) Next time, I might put artichokes in it...It was funny, a friend of mine posted that she had tried making hummus at home too (independently - I don't think she read my blog and was inspired to try it). It is a hummus revolution!

Yesterday was beer Wednesday at the Beautiful Beef and Brew in Gorgeous Geneva, NY. Yay! Happily, Lorraine and Tiffany were there - always nice to see their smiling faces! And I had three tasty beers! All of which I have, as is often the case, had before in other places, but still, yum. The first was a local beer - Raven Black IPA from Roosterfish, (Watkins Glen, NY). I like the idea and fact of Black IPAs. I would like them to be a bit thicker - more mouth feel, but we can't usually have everything. This one was good, with a hint of coffee and well balanced with the hoppiness. Second beer was Longhammer IPA from Redhook - which is apparently brewed in three different places in the US. So, I don't know where it is actually based...I thought Washington State, near Seattle (where I have been to a brewery and a tasting room of theirs). Anyway, I like Redhook's bottles! They are differently shaped than just about any other beer manufacturer out there - at least so far as I have seen. Who knew that beer bottles came in so man different shapes? I don't think I have ever had Longhammer from a bottle before. Definitely a decent example of an IPA! Last on the tasting list for yesterday was Otter Creek's stovepipe porter - another beer that I haven't had in a bottle before. This one was pretty good too. Being a porter fan, I found this beer to be a good example of a porter. One I might just have to have again (and again). One day.

Also during my outing, I had a lovely phone call with my lovely sister! Yay! Hi Juliet! Apparently she reads the blog now and again. Yippee! Now if only her son Sam would actually write me back on Facebook, all would be right with the world.

Dinner last night was store chicken, broccoli and rice. I need to buy more rice. And different kinds of rice. I like rice. Yay rice!

Tonight I am thinking of trying to deep fry one of my frozen eggrolls and see what happens. My guess is that it will end badly. That they need to have been cooked a little before being tossed in the oil. We shall see!

Time to put the recycling out!






2 comments:

The Team at FACEBOOK said...

Dear Mr. Augustus,

We are sorry to have to report that your nephew's messaging services have been terminated due to nonpayment of funds.

Regretfully,

The team at FACEBOOK

Augustus said...

Ah, well then. That is very sad. He probably doesn't have enough money for a stamp either. :(