Saturday, February 25, 2012

Not so errandy Friday

Mom was anxious about her impending doctor's appointment and got herself all unhappy. So she wasn't feeling capable of heading out on errands. So I went food shopping and dropped off a prescription and that was about it. She ended up watching a couple of videos. I feel like a dad with a kid - putting on a video so that she will be entertained. Sigh.

The Jeopardy Teacher I wanted to win the Teacher's Tournament didn't make it to the finals. How sad it that? On a ten scale, about a 1... :)

We got snow last night. Yippee! And it is supposed to hang around for a few days. Monday it is supposed to be 50 degrees again, so I doubt it will last much past then. Good thing, since mom and I have to go out on Monday for sure.

Last night I made easy alfredo sauce for bowtie pasta with chicken glop. I love the easy alfredo sauce. Tonight I think we are having hot dogs and baked beans plus spinach. The roads haven't been very well attended to and if I don't have to go out, I am not going to go...

I have decided to work on two computer books at the same time. The one I have been working on is starting to get into more esoteric stuff, which I need to learn, but is not as fun as the stuff we were learning before. And I really want to start to see if I can find answers to the questions I have about building a game - so, I am going to start iOS5 Games Development - which looks to be not as good as the current book. It looks like it was written by a guy in his basement - but this is just a quick take on the thing - it might be excellent and I will certainly say how I feel as I get into it.

Finished all bu the Constitution in the US Government & Politics book. So, looks like I will be starting my political blog soon. Aren't you all so excited you can hardly wait?

I forgot I bought this - 10 pounds of rice! I hope it keeps ok...

2 comments:

Bosey said...

Keeep the rice in the bag or another closeable plastic bag and in the freezer. Otherwise it will have little bugs in a few weeks or so. I don't know just where they come from, but come they do!

Augustus said...

Thank you Bosey! I think I will break it up into smaller bags and freeze it! How long do I have to thaw it before use?