Monday, February 27, 2012

Burn me!

"Burn me" is a curse in the Wheel of Time Series! I am still listening to the books although I haven't mentioned them in a long while. Love that series, despite it's issues. I think that Robert Jordan (or whatever his real name was) was going to make it a 30 book series when he passed over. He digressed from following the main story to exploring a few other side plots. Well, mainly the whole Elayne trying to become Queen stuff was just not that pertinent. I don't really care about the people contesting against her for the throne. Some of the other stuff is sort of important, like her dealing with more of the original lot of black sisters...anywho...

Burn me! Literally! Last night I decided to make breakfast for dinner - a frequent occurrence here in Geneva on Sundays at Chez Schoen-René. And last night I decided to try to make hash browns the easy way - and they turned out pretty well. At least mom asked for seconds. I think next time I will add the onions a little later and later still will add green pepper. If I have any. Which I normally do not, but anything is possible. So, when putting the potato parts into the hot bacon grease, I plopped and dropped instead of placed and burned my fingers a little bit. Nothing too horrendous - though it is the first damage to myself that I have done in a while. I don't like damaging myself.

Mom seems to be improving. Can that be? I don't see how. Still, she seems to remember more stuff in the near past than she has. Like movies we have seen and things we have done. How weird is that? And why is that? In any case, she still has her personality, which is great! Maybe she just isn't deteriorating as far as I can tell.

Today we are going to the doctor's office. Mark Ryan. Maybe he can recommend another eye doctor for mom since she really didn't enjoy Dr. Ross all that much last time. She still goes on about what a waste of time that appointment was (and I tend to agree). And while at the hospital, I am going to ask around for a social worker. Juliet suggests I speak with one - she did at a hospital in Maine. I think I have looked before and didn't find one at the Geneva Hospital. But I will look again in earnest and see what, or who, I can find.

I know that most of you (both of you?) know that I am writing a second blog - my writing blog. Although I only post there sporadically, it is there. Next, I am starting a Political Blog. Not that I am particularly "political." I am still trying to figure out what "political means" - me, I am just interested in figuring out what I think about issues. It will help when I walk for the presidency.

Homestyle Hash Browns

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

First or last .. which is it is? or is it the fact I am delusional from lack of sleep.. Lol.. hungry or both LOL.. but I must say the Hash browns are looking scrumpcious. Hoping your self damaged parts are okay and that Augustus is not hurting to bad.

When can both of us/most of us expect to see the third blog make it's debut?

Happy to read that mom is having some good days ! That is wonderful.. ..

On a two day streak here.. wowzer !!!

Augustus said...

I have a few posts written for the politics blog but haven't hit publish yet on any of them. Soon, though, I am sure!