Friday, February 24, 2012

Success!

The answer is - frying the eggrolls right from the freezer is the way to go! The outside was crisp and the insides were hot. Life is good! And that makes my life a lot easier! Now, I just need to restock on eggrolls. Not tonight, though. I haven't figured out what we are having for dinner yet. I am leaning towards something with the left over chicken. My sister gave me a great cookbook and I think I will look in there and see if anything related to chicken jumps out at me! Yay! I also added some feta cheese to the spinach and mom loved it! Ok, I liked it too...

We need to have an errands day today. Mom wants another pair of nail scissors. I don't know what she does with the ones that we have bought her in the past. Eat them perhaps? I doubt that, but still, they must be somewhere. And we need some of her medicine. And there was something else, oh, yes, she wants to go mail a package. Yippee!

At least last night wasn't as boring as the Thursday before. I tried a newish place (at least to me). Ok, not new, I just don't go there too frequently. The bar at the Ramada. And boy was that not exciting. They were out of draft beer. They didn't have the Ithaca Apricot. The bartender had called in so the managers were running the bar. One beer (Saranac Pale Ale) and then I headed to Red Dove. Yay! Joe was tending bar and actually seemed happy to see me. And Laura and Erin were also personable. That is a good thing. I only had one beer there too, because time was running short, but it was a tasty Named Dove Porter. Chatted with two nice people from the University of Buffalo - one of whom is moving near to Nashville! So I extolled the virtues of The Nashville Flying Saucer to him! He had been six times and hadn't gotten a membership. Just think, even if he had had only one beer each time towards his plate, he would only have 194 to go! Yay math!

I got two of the three books that I have ordered, These two are the game development books. Still waiting on the book on programming itself. God, I am doing this bass-akwards. Oh well. Life is that way frequently. I did have some ideas about a third game, though. I am sure there are versions of these games already out there and then Apple will probably reject them. Yay, self defeatism! No matter, I will keep plugging along anyway. I can't stop me! :)

See the eggroll at the top of the picture! Yay! Much better than the other one...

Yay books and learning! Book learning even! :)


No comments: