Saturday, February 11, 2012

It's winter again!

I guess that I define winter as snow! Not just cooler temperatures and such. And we have a whole whopping exciting inch of snow on the ground! Woo hoo!

It is the weekend. A time of wonder and to get things done that couldn't or didn't get done during the week. I am time of reflection, to look back and see what was. And a time of looking forward to see what is coming up. Yippee!

One thing that is coming up quickly is Valentine's day. Mom wants me to be her Valentine. Sigh. I will have to do something Valentine-y for her. Sadly, there are no others in my life that are the least bit Valentine-y. Any volunteers are welcome to apply - fear not, it is not a tough application...

My goal today is to do a little studying - read some of the politics book and do at least a chapter in the programming book -

Let me take a minute, if you don't mind, to talk about both books. The political book has its good points and its bad points, so far. The chapters are short which is good. But there isn't much depth, which is bad. An interesting read, but I don't think my knowledge is going to be expanded much. I will have to keep looking to see what other books are out there. Any and all suggestions will be considered. The computer book is pretty good so far - what I would like, though, is an appendix that has the answers to the exercises that are posed. I mean, when it says "add another button and have it do something else" I would like to be able to try it on my own and then see what the book says the code ought to look like. The book says that the answers are online, but I haven't found them yet (and yes, I have looked). Ok, back to my day's plan -

- catch up on some email that I have not yet responded to - finish a snail mail letter - and I think that is all. Manageable and doable [I have, in fact, already read a chapter in the political book - go me! :) ] What do you plan to do on this lovely Saturday?

Chicken, twice baked potato (I think I need to add onions) and teeny asparagus!

Barely enough show to cover the pine needles. :(



2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Hello my friend!!!! .. my saturday, was spent clerking for a local auction house.. yup .. I am the one responsible for entering bidders numbers and $ amounts. I do enjoy it, as I have become quite educated in antiques!! yay old stuff. Today's purchase was some old estate jewelery' some art deco, some italian and some just to cool to pass up. all for a whooping $60.00. Just beautiful treasures, often with a story attached. Now I am relaxing on this miserable cold night with a glass of wine and watching Spartacus.. because I missed it last night.

BTW ~ I think it's admirable that you are your mothers' valentine, do something special.. I know you take care of her everyday, but do get her some flowers ( an excuse to go to Wegmans') It doesn't have to be fancy.. even cut ones.. okay, done with my two cents.. lol.. Happy reading this weekend <3 .. Hugs B~

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! Great score at the Auction! And my plans are still forming for what to do for mom for Valentine's day. I will take your thoughts under advisement (while I am shopping at Wegmanns' :)