Thursday, February 16, 2012

The little Augustus who could

I am still chugging along on the programming book. Yay! My goal, though, today, is to read a lot of the Government and Politics book. I really would like to get writing on the political blog. Walking for the US Presidency is going to be a really, really uphill walk. I might even need hiking boots.

Lunch yesterday was at Opus. I have only been there a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. A little pricey, but what can one do? I had lunch with a good friend and had a very pleasant time. We shared a pork loin panino and a beet salad (and a cookie). Yippee!

Yesterday was also Beer Day at the Beef and Brew! The bar manager gave me a RoosterFish pint glass! Yay me! And I had three beers - the Wicked Witch from Rooster Fish was not my favorite, but it wasn't bad. I also had Morretti from Italy which was put in the wrong section of the beer list - definitely not a double bock. It smelled kind of like a Heineken, so I am guessing it was a lager. Decent but not exciting. And lastly, I had a Tröeg's Troegenator. I don't understand why there is both an umlaut and an e in Tröeg's but if they are happy, who am I to question it. That beer was definitely a double bock, quite malty and thick. I liked it quite a bit.

Dinner was leftovers, but yummy ones. Tonight's actually, will be leftovers again, for the most part. Gotta use them up before they go bad. I hate throwing away food! And we watched three more episodes of Rome! Yippee!

Tonight - Halsey's or Red Dove. Leaning towards Halsey's...

Beet salad

Half of a pork loin panino

No comments: