Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mail Update

Yay! Banner mail day today! Two packages and a snail mail letter! One of my correspondents sent an awesome (in a good way) epistle! The other one is still MIA. Heck, writing isn't for everyone. Nor is reading. I was speaking with someone the other day and she sheepishly told me that she didn't read much of anything ever if she could avoid it. Maybe she has dyslexia and doesn't know it. Wow, I don't know how someone gets by without reading.

In the past two days I received three packages. One was the first of my books. Turns out it will be the most tedious and boring of them. At least I hope so. It was a handbook of Political Science. Goodness it is terrible. Trying way too hard to be scientific about a soft science. And dry. And no pictures. It may never get read. At least by me. The other packages were games! Just what I need! :)

Another temperate day yesterday - I read somewhere online that meteorologists have reasons for why the jet stream is staying North - but none of them said anything about climate change. Just a confluence of factors contributing to a rare meteorological occurrence...

And it was beer day! Beef and Brew won an award for Best New Business! I hope they stay open until I finish my beers there. Is that selfish of me? I decided to go all alphabetical on them! Three beers from the beginning of their Pale Ales list - Bass, Boddington's and Custom Brewcrafter's Canandaigua Lake Ale. All three were good in their own way. Speaking of beer, I am beginning to worry that my game won't make it onto the App store. Will I need permission from each and every brewery that is represented by their beer bottles? Probably would be wisest. Well it will be fun in any case. Even if it is yet another project that is more fun in doing than it is profitable. Why does money run the other way when it sees me? Hmm?

And love. Here we are, creeping up on Valentine's day in a hurry and there is nary a whiff of romance in the air for me. Sad? Not really, just an observation. I did see one of my myriad fleeting fancies at Wegman's - and even sort of spoke with her - if talking about Portlandia (and making a bad joke about a possible spin-off called Eugenia...) counts. And tonight is Leaf Kitchen or Red Dove Tavern Night. I am leaning towards Red Dove since I haven't been there in a couple of weeks. But the lure of the Leaf is strong. Time will tell.

Yay! Boringest book!

Flowers and a plaque for Best New Business in Geneva! Woo hoo!

No comments: