Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Success is not a four letter word

Well, lots of words don't have four letters. Bunches do. But we are talking about success today. Yay success. There is one school of thought that espouses that every action's result is a success. I tend to feel that to be the case. This is not the common view, though, since we live in a judgmental world. Yippee!

So, success number uno was getting the new memory in the computer - and the associated spiffication of said computer. Typing on the keyboard is all springy and happy again. And the clicker on the keyboard (the mouse button) is not making the weird sound that it had been making. Yay!

Success numero two was getting Lion downloaded and installed on the machine. I still don't know why the download took so long - whether it is Apple's servers or my internet connection - but 10 hours was a long time for 4 gigs. Whatever. It worked the second time. The first time, I am sure, it was Augustus error - playing around with the connection and all. After downloading, installation took another hour of the computer chugging along. Well, chugging more zippily because of the extra RAM. Yay RAM!

Success tres was getting the touchpad linked up through bluetooth. Fairly straightforward process and I like - I look forward to one day having a mac with one built in.

Success vier was getting xCode downloaded - though I haven't tried starting it up yet, so I might be counting my successes before they are hatched, which as we all know can lead to doom and gloom. Eeek. Now I am getting myself all nervous and stuff. :) After I try it, I will let you all know. Don't hold your breaths though - blue is not often a becoming color!

That was what I did all day yesterday. And little else. Yippee! Today, I get to have a massage! I can hardly wait. What is the perfect frequency of massages do you think? I think daily would be too much. Weekly sounds pretty good...

A watched download never finishes...

No comments: