Friday, February 10, 2012

Too little?

I sometimes worry that I am not doing right by mom - not spending enough time with/on her, not helping her to do more, pushing her to do too much. Sigh. Luckily this passes when I realize that I am doing the best I can where I am mentally and in the time and place that I am. Maybe that's a cop-out, but it makes me feel better for a while.

Yesterday was a day of small accomplishments. Yay! I paid a few bills, did some work on learning to program, read a chapter in my Government book - learning all sorts of interesting tidbits - nothing new and major yet - hopefully there won't be since I thought I had a decent grasp on at least the basic concepts already - made tacos for dinner.

Then, to Leaf Kitchen to meet up with Matt and Gülsün. That was nice - I haven't spent time with either of them since the summer. Emily brightened the bar by her presence behind it. And Brett, who also works at the Leaf Kitchen put in an appearance, even though he had turned 21 the night before! Fun night. Though I might need to take a break from Leaf Kitchen for a little while...

Rushed home to watch The Mentalist with mom. Not a scintillating episode. Oh well. Hard to make them all scintillating.

Tacos with a side of spinach! :)

No comments: