Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sweet! 16!

Welcome aboard, sweet Ethie! Wow, 25 followers is a real possibility. Maybe. Anything is possible.

Long day away from the house yesterday. Got up and got out at a reasonable time. Ran a couple of errands - one was to the library. I picked up a book and let them know that a book that I returned was showing up as not returned. Eeek! It was a good book, but I don't want to buy it. - Quick update - turns out all three of the books I returned that day didn't get checked in. Sigh. I will call them later today and see if that can get cleared up.

Then to Raleigh for the Al Fresco lunch group. Leadership has changed again, apparently. Or is changing. I am not sure what has happened to Gretchen, but it seems that Nancy Thomas and a couple of other women (Liz and Jamie?) are going to be helping out going forward. Sigh. Anyway, the lunch was pleasant. Two old schoolers made appearances - Jennifer and Kevin. Yippee! I had a hamburger that was good, not great. So many people rave about the food at Raleigh Times. I like the food there, I just don't think it is great. I don't know why, it just seems to miss the mark a tiny bit every time.

Then to the Segway store to make an appointment for a tour. Sadly, it will be on Sunday at 9:30 in the morning! Eeek! Maybe in the rain. Ew! And it is supposed to be a cool day - in the 50s. Argh! Still, it ought to be fun. Has anyone out there ridden a Segway?

Next stop, Flying Saucer. Sat and puttered on my computer, chatted with sundry people and read a little. Mostly filling some time before heading off to Durham. Traffic in that direction isn't too bad at rush hour, which is fortuitous since I was driving right around 5:30. Got to Durham and checked out Fullsteam Brewery and another place - the Music Company or something like that - I have a picture of their sign. My thought was to have one more beer before going to watch the play. Instead, I napped in my car for 45 minutes. Saved money and was rested for the show.

The show was "Now you see me" presented at Man Bites Dog Theatre. Pretty good show, all things considered. I am glad that I made the effort to get to it.

Then home. Wow. Today - I am trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. Any thoughts?

And here are the pictures:


I bought a new-to-me (ntm?) windshield repair kit and plan on trying it out today at some point.


Raleigh Al Fresco Lunch picture. Sadly, Jennifer Hess had just gone to put money in her meter... :(


Man Bites Dog Theatre - one of my favorites in the area.



Ah, a fierce looking sky! I hope everyone enjoyed the thunder and such as much as I did last night!

Have a happy today and a happier tomorrow!

No comments: