Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunless Saturday

Weird and wacky weather is expected here in beautiful NC. We are having a relapse of late winter or really early Spring. Brr! And overcast, which is fairly odd, here. I am sure we will all survive.

Cate and Jonathan made brunch - pancakes and sausage. I hope to make pasta salad later today.

Turns out that Cate made the pasta salad as well! Go Cate!

Still working on the website! Yippee!

Pictures:


The bush to the left of my front door.


The new mandoline did a great job making thin potato slices for chips!


They turned out pretty well - just a bit overcooked. Lisa Maria suggested that I try blanching the potato slices first next time - and I just might do it!


Daniel did most of the work on the onion rings. I thought it interesting that the recipe called for bread crumbs!


The completed meal - grilled hotdogs with grilled buns, baked beans, slightly doctored, coleslaw, and onion rings. The potato chips worked as an appetizer.

No comments: