Friday, February 6, 2015

Laughing and crying. You know it's the same release

We had a family conference call last night to talk about the future and mom. Some tears were shed on my part at least. Yippee! Yay tears! Cheers for tears! Anyway, we also got some thoughts on how to proceed. It is sad there isn't a one stop shop for this - but there isn't apparently - elder lawyer for some information, social worker for other things, nursing home or wherever for other things, etc. And it is all about the benjamins. Sigh.

After the phone call, I watched a couple episodes of Fringe last night. I love Walter! And very happy that JJ Abrams is doing the new Star Wars movie.

Not sure where this thought came from - I typed it at some point last night: I remember when I got a raise - I always thought - "They love me even if they are scared of me! Woohoo!!!"

Who knows how each of our top ten movies gets chosen? I know mostly that The Princess Bride is my number one, most favorite movie. Followed closely by Galaxy Quest and Serenity (despite the ********spoilers*************************************************************** deaths of a couple key characters). Robin and the Seven Hoods is definitely in the top twenty-five.

Got some Chinese food tonight for dinner - not a lot because we still had leftovers from last time - got some Egg Drop soup - in fact the plan was just to get that - but I ended up getting some shrimp toast - yum - and some steamed dumplings - still not my favorite dumplings in Geneva, but they'll do in a pinch!

So, I have started the next puzzle. I have done a little work here and there on it - but the first sort of substantial progress can now be revealed!

Almost got the edge completed, sort of...



No comments: