Saturday, February 14, 2015

Beware a bitter blogger

Not terribly bitter, really. Just a little bit bitter. Yesterday I posted a status asking for help with a few things - decluttering, elder care and a landline - and the response was totally underwhelming. A few people out of state liked the post. Yay! People read it. Two people actually responded - one from out of state - Thank you Luying - and one from here in Geneva. She actually had a few helpful suggestions that eventually ended up going nowhere - but life is like that. And that was it. Yippee! Such an outpouring of support.

Meanwhile, at the Smith, my workers have been acting weird. Calling out, not paying attention to details, not responding to emails or texts or phone calls at all. Whatever. If I didn't have my mom to take care of, it wouldn't matter. But I do, so it does. This too shall pass.

Long day - though I have had a nap. I was woken up at 5 by mom once again trying to quietly go downstairs to get some food. Sigh. I am looking forward to the gate being installed at some point soon. Then I basically stayed up since mom needed sustenance. I got her a yogurt I think.

More tomorrow - got a post this!


No comments: