Saturday, February 7, 2015

A weekend of doing

The plan this weekend is to get some things accomplished. First and foremost, I am hoping that our favorite handy man will come and fix the ceiling in one of our bedrooms. That would be neat. He does such good work and is reasonably priced. Can't beat that!

Meanwhile, I do have a show coming in to the Smith that I will be checking on - not running. Yippee! That ought to take two visits, one to check on a contractor and one to check on the group coming in. The rest of the day I can lounge around my house, working. Oh, wait, lounging isn't lounging if one is working, is it?

My Smith stuff to do at home is work on two items - first figuring out how exactly to spend some money we got from a grant. Second, work on a new grant - I would like to pick three items that would be handy and helpful to have around the Smith. I know what one of them is for sure, one is a definite maybe and the last - well that is going to take a little time and research. Then I have to write the grant up. Yippee!

Oh, I also need to pack up my tax stuff and my mom's tax stuff and send it off to Karl, my brother, the CPA. He has been doing our taxes for a long while. Yay! What a good guy he is. He barely charges us anything...

So far, so good - Justin is here working away - he also thinks he can add a gate and a higher railing to the hallway. And he brought a new heating element for the stove - so I might not have to get a new oven after all. Yippee! Yogurt time for mom and then I will head to the Smith for the first time today. Oh, and I have gotten some good work down on the new grant application - asking for two different tape rolling devices and a lighting instrument circuit checker. Woo hoo!!

Justin is done and the room looks great! He tried to fix the oven and was unsuccessful. And he thinks that he can put in a gate and a higher railing so that mom might feel a bit safer and won't be able to head down the stairs without asking me. That would be nice.

I am at the Smith getting ready for the show tonight. My current plan is to stay for about an hour - longer if necessary.

It turned into two hours. A surprise guest was there. I love Al. Glad he came - we might have gone a little faster if he hadn't been helping - but that's ok. He is fun to have around. We got everything started and I think they will be fine. At least that is what I learned from watching Shakespeare in Love. (Great movie)


No comments: