Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome 44!

Maybe this will be the year that I achieve 50 followers! That would be great! Not that 44 is bad. But come on, I live in America and more is better, right? Yay more!

I had a minor writing epiphany Thursday morning. Another potential title for my Self Help book - A Little Help from a Friend - since it will be a little book - and I am friendly. We shall see. I need to get back to my writing-writing. I have just been absorbed in the computer programming. Balance and moderation. Moderation and balance. Baleration! Modance! Moderance! Baleration!

Thursday was my rockin' night out. It started with a reading by a poet at HWS. I guess poetry readings are like concerts - we held our applause until the end of the performance - not applauding at the end of each poem. I would have liked to acknowledge them each individually - perhaps like the did in the 50s - with finger snapping. But no, nothing like that. It was surprisingly well attended. The father of a grade school friend sat near me which was nice! The poet has been writing since the 70s, has a great voice both in terms of his literary voice and his speaking/performing voice. Glad I went.

Next, off to Leaf Kitchen to drink the new-to-my-Geneva-beers-list beers there. Since last week was a bust at the Leaf Kitchen, I decided to try again. This week it was a lot less busy at the bar, so I got to sit in my favorite seat. Yay! Emily, as usual, was the lovely bartender. I ended up having three beers - Two IPAs and a Wheat Beer. Yakima Black IPA was very tasty - not quite enough malt for me to be thrilled, but still good. Firestone Union Jack IPA which was really high alcohol content - closer in taste to a double than a regular IPA. Lastly Troegs Dream Weaver Wheat - it was ok at best - mostly because I am not generally a wheat beer fan...I also had nice bar-mates to chat with. That always makes the time pass more pleasantly.

Posted a new writing blog post - nothing scintillating - but better than nothing, I guess.

No comments: