Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I think I was promised love

Not that I take these kinds of things seriously. Kinda like Astrology - food for thought, but not something to guide my life by. I get these "Notes from the Universe" (tut.com) in my email Monday through Friday. They are thought provoking, usually inspirational. Yesterday, the message told me that if I just went out and put myself where I could mingle, I would find love. Well, I went to the laundromat. And I found two socks that people had left in the washing machine. Not quite the same thing as a girlfriend...

Yes, it was laundry day. Oh to be rolling in dough - I would certainly have someone do laundry for me. Not that I loathe doing laundry. I just don't relish it - go out of my way to do it. There are other things I could do with my time. Having a laundry set here in the house would be nifty as well. Then it would be less time consuming an activity. We used to have our own machines here in the house in Geneva - but they were in the basement - scary to go down there. So much of this house is sub optimal. Sigh.

I also went to Freihofer's and bought baked goods. Two Entenmann's raspberry thingies are in the freezer. Yippee? And I mailed mom's tax check off! Thank you again, Karl (oh, right, you don't read this) for doing the taxes. You rock!

And I got the preferences working (sort of) in my application - mostly yesterday and some today. I know I have tweaks on them still to do, but I am happy to have gotten this much accomplished. Next step, game state persistence. I think this is going to be a somewhat more daunting task - but only time will tell. I don't know how many of you out there have experienced the feeling of awe when something actually works the way it is supposed to. Sadly, though, most of my efforts so far have been of the cross my fingers and hope it works sort. I don't feel like I have internalized any of this stuff yet. Maybe one day!

Today is beer day. And I need to get mom's registration in for the reunion. Yes, I have been procrastinating. That is one of my myriad middle names. Ok, off to do that and then prepare for beer day. If I have more time, back to programming! Persistence, here we come!

The movie of this I took was cooler...

Eggroll night!



No comments: