Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Adventure today! Maybe...

If mom is up for it. I am afraid that she is going to be sick to her stomach over the prospect of getting out and about. Que sera, sera! True, I learned this phrase years and years ago when I was learning to play the piano and played the song. But having taken some Spanish, I actually know why it means what it means. Yay learning!

I had a pleasant day yesterday, all things considered. I did get the checks in the mail for the reunion and the special dinner on Thursday night. Its on! Yay! Now, I need to remember to pack my Video Camera and charger and stuff. Only a month away and I am already excited! My brother, Karl, asked about coming to visit Geneva. Sadly, it was during the month of June, which isn't very likely. It does look, though, that I won't be able to take full advantage of my sister Juliet's kind offer to take mom in for a two weeks after the reunion. Maybe a week will work out though. As I told my brother, I don't want to be in the car for 10 hours a day driving across the country, so we will probably leave for the West Coast earlier in June than originally anticipated. Maybe around the 4th? The back end of the trip isn't fleshed out at all - I hope to head to SF for a few days - then to LV for two days - then Tuscon for a couple of days - then Austin for a few days - then home. With driving in between. Well, it will keep percolating in my head and some sort of more concrete plan will eventually drip, drip, drip out.

Well, that is disappointing. I just looked to see what the hours for the place I was planning for my late-birthday dinner were and they aren't open until April 20th! Well, I will just readjust my plans. Haven't figured out how, but I will. Just need to think of someplace to eat. Or maybe just do it again next week. And it looks like we will need reservations in any case. Hmm. Maybe we will just shift the whole thing till next week. April 25 sounds like a good day for an adventure and birthday dinner. And maybe the weather will be a little warmer.

Back to yesterday, I had a nice beer day at Beef and Brew, despite misreading my list and having one beer a second time - Orkney Skullsplitter. Sigh. Life is that way sometimes. I did have Belhaven Scottish Ale (which is better on draft) and Meantime Coffee Porter - which could have had a thicker mouth feel for my tastes. Met two people who were in town for a lacrosse came between Syracuse and Hobart. Both seemed to be beer lovers! Always a good thing.

Having a tough time with persistence with NSKeyedArchiver. Just don't have my head around it yet. And it looks like I really need to register some default preferences in order to have things working well with the preferences stuff. Though I did just get the ability to change themes starting to work. Yippee! And I figured out the default preferences thing! Yay!

Flowers seen while out and about

Clouds!

The turkey was terrible, the broccoli over done and the corn was left over from last night - but the potato was good!

No comments: