Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Thinking is overrated

I had a thought yesterday, to look and see how to get from here, Geneva, to Oregon for my friend Daniel's wedding. There is good news and bad news. When doing this, I double checked the dates of mom's reunion. Only to discover that I was off by a week. This is not a good thing. I had thought the reunion was the week before it actually is. Crunching my time. My lovely sister has volunteered to have mom come visit her for two weeks after the reunion. Before, this was perfect. Mom would get two weeks in Maine, I would get two weeks to do whatever I wanted (probably visit some Saucers and see if I could convince anyone to buy my books) (copies still available - www.renottopress.com). Then we would have a couple of weeks to drive slowly (ish) across the country for the wedding. Now, that doesn't look doable. Either I need to cut down the time that mom spends with Juliet, which lessens my free time, or I need to rocket across the US which also isn't pleasant. Especially for mom since she will have been unsettled by time not in her own home already. Glarg!

Yesterday two out of three things got accomplished! Hurrah! Today I am going to try and finish up the registration for the aforementioned reunion. Yippee! While accomplishing another of my errands, I went to the post office, only to find a huge, long line! Like Christmas time! Ok, it wasn't that bad. I had a nice companionable chat with the owner of Redman BBQ - a restaurant I keep meaning to try. One day. Maybe in the summer. I miss two chains down in NC - Smithfield's BBQ - where I sometimes went as frequently as once a month - and Bojangles, which I definitely went to once a week! I really doubt the food will be as good as either of those places, but we shall see.

Meanwhile, Publisher's Clearing House has been mailing us a lot of stuff! Which means that mom asks me everyday if I have mailed in her entries. Sigh. Maybe I will do those when I am at Beer Day today. We shall see. I am planning on making pizza for dinner tonight - and more spinach triangles. I need more butter!

No comments: