Friday, April 27, 2012

Beer Night but no Magic...

Sadly, lightning did not strike twice, and no attractive woman sat next to me at MacGregors. I did have a nice South Hampton Imperial Stout. And a nice hoppy beer, the name of which currently eludes my sieve like brain. Oh well. Still a pleasant evening. The NFL Draft was on some of the televisions. Gosh, what riveting television. A few people in the bar were truly interested in it. Weird.

Other than that, not too much happened on my lovely Thursday. The mower came again and I asked him to come a little less frequently. Being a business owner, he wasn't thrilled, but said he would take it under advisement. He also did some trimming and such, which is always a good thing.

Dinner was fish for mom and left over chicken for me. Plus left over baby artichokes - still not great due to my not pulling off enough outer leaves - next time I will know - yay learning!

So far, Friday has been a fairly useless day. I got up late, haven't done much and am not going to do much before we head off to the other side of Seneca Lake. I am excited! Sad that the day isn't warm and sunny - but we will survive. I did make a reservation at Stonecat, though. Yippee!

Oh, a little computer aside - I had an epiphany - the issue I am having is probably memory allocation related. I can't think of any other way that a pointer could change from one class to another unless the memory that it was pointing to got changed somewhere. How to fix that eludes me, but I am excited that I had the revelation! And, Jeff, my good friend, was kind enough to introduce me to an app producer friend of his. John actually took the time to look at my first app! He has a bunch - check out his website if you like beer and whiskey amongst other things - www.poohbah.com!

Dinner from, er, Wednesday I think

Thursday night's dinner!

The cut brush!

The imperial porter was pretty good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A. I had no clue what you were talking about re: your computer epiphany. Although, an epiphany is a very good thing. Great photos of dinner. I wonder are you using your phone camera or a digital camera?!! C

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, excitement rose as I was reading about the array of different beers you drink. NewCastle Ale. I knew it sounded familiar so I checked my Fiver Gig's and sure enough!! ... I did a speech/presentation for someone who had to present the beer campaign. He was probably in advertising or near to that field. Now I'm curious to find a NC and taste it! In the past I did drink beer. Reading this was a pleasure. As always. C

Augustus said...

That's ok, Camille, I didn't expect most people to understand the epiphany! :) And I mostly use a digital camera for the photos.

Augustus said...

If you don't like beer, you might not like New Castle all that much...