Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Out on the roof

Mom and I got tired of seeing all of the pine needles decorating some of the roof, so I took a broom and went out and swept them all off! Go me! I don't think it had been done for several years at least. Now, I am just hoping for some good rain to wash them clean. I went out barefoot - the better not to slip, which might not have been the best idea. But I didn't slip, so I am happy. No pictures, unfortunately. :(

Yesterday was Beer Day at the beautiful Beef and Brew. Yay! Lorraine started me off - it is great to have her to chat with. She also shared some flowers with me for mom. I decided to have three Chimays. Blue was the best - should have saved that for last - oh well - Red was good too, and the Gold (or yellow?) was tasty, though the lightest of the three in taste and in color. In order to video, I borrowed the memory card from my camera. Yippee! I still haven't decided what to do for a longer term solution (wow, that word came and then went and then finally reappeared in my mind). Either a hard drive or another larger memory card. Or maybe both! A 4 gig memory card only costs $10 at Wal-Mart!

Dinner was a hand made pizza. It was tasty, just not pretty (as you can see in the picture below). Oh well. Tasty is more important than visual appeal for a meal here in Chez Schoen-Rene.

We get to have a doctor's appointment today and maybe buy a new birdbath. I broke the current one very effectively. Yay!

Pretty flowers from Lorraine for mom!

Not pretty - yet pretty tasty!

No comments: