Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beer Day!

Happy Beer Day! Oh, wait, that is just something that I celebrate. Weekly. I know that others celebrate it more frequently - and if I lived alone, near a Saucer, I would to. But I don't and I don't. So, once a week it is. Better than nonce a week. I can hardly wait. But as I type this, it is only 10 in the morning my time, so I have about 6 hours to go. And when I do go, I get to head to the library and the post office as well! Yay! And later, I get to go back to the pharmacy for more stuff for mom. I am the luckiest person! Now, if only that luck will somehow bring me more money...

I think the thing that will make my games somewhat appealing is their quirky, Augustus sense of humor. And I really want to make them flexible. Not necessarily tweakable by the user, but lots of random things that appear in the application. Though I also don't want this application take three years to get out. Sigh.

As for continuing to learn about programming, I think I am going to see if I can get anything from the free Stanford online course. Yippee! I like free. And goodness knows I still need to learn. I may actually go back to some of the books that I have already gone through, now that my understanding is a little better. Probably not, as I don't like going backwards, but anything is possible. Have I mentioned how happy and excited I am when I figure out how to do something that I think I would like to do? My most recent discovery, how to have different directories in my project - so now I can have one directory of images for each theme! And a directory for backgrounds. Etc. I am so excited!

Sausage, peas and corn!

No comments: