Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tragedy Tomorrow

I take that back, Tragedy tonight, hopefully Comedy tomorrow...yet, somehow, I feel I have missed something. Oh yes, it was beer day yesterday! Yay!

And a nice beer day it was too. Lorraine and I commiserated over our moms. And she gave me a present to give to my mom for her birthday. More on that when we get to mom's birthday in May. May 10. It is coming up soon. I know more helium filled balloons are called for. And a stuffed animal. And some marzipan - I bought some in a tube and have to get around to making some objects out of it. One day...Anywho, Christie came in to work and she once again had to bartend and serve. I bet she is really looking forward to leaving Geneva and heading to Denmark. I think it will be soon - maybe end of May.

I had three beers - Negro Modelo - one of my favorite Mexican beers, Otter Creek Copper Ale - a very good amber - and Fuller's London Pride which was tasty but not awesome. Yippee! A couple of ex-employees where there, hanging out and picking up their last paychecks. It was nice to see them, too.

My errands also got accomplished: returned the last library book (for now) (sigh) and mailed a book back to Publisher's Clearing House. I ordered the book because I thought they were giving it to us for free. Turns out they weren't. The stuff they offer is not inexpensive! No wonder they can give away so much money!

Tonight, I am hoping to get mom out of the house to see a Preview performance of Hedda Gabler at Hobart and William Smith. Wish me luck!


No comments: