Friday, April 6, 2012

That was a scary moment

Not like "ooohhhwaaaah" ghost scary. But emotionally a smidge scary. Mom walked into my room and asked "How are Ernst and Betty related to me?" It took her a few seconds to understand what "Step" children were. She was, I am guessing, thinking about the money that E&B and Juliet and Paul have put into the hairdressing place in Geneva for mom to use. She is planning on getting another haircut before the reunion and was worried that there wouldn't be enough in there. I told her not to worry, that we had enough money to cover a haircut for her. But I was shaking a little on the inside, wondering when she won't really be clear on who I am and how we are related. Eeeek.

Made some progress on Flippety (working name for my concentration like game). I asked help of a person online who had put up some tutorials with a suggestion of how to fix the problem. Instead of writing the code for me (poop) he said, yes, I was on the right track. Yippee. This morning, after putting it in my head last night, I tried a couple of things and low and behold it is working! Little baby step forward! Huzzah! Of course, this led to the next issue - how to get the tiles to remember their state of flipped-ness. Sigh. I will work on that later today. (Ok, got that fixed - onward!)

Yesterday was Ginger day. She and mom did some more work in mom's bedroom. Everything they do together is one less thing that I a) think about and b) have to do myself. Yay! Later, I went food shopping. I forgot to put eggroll wrappers on my list, so naturally I forgot to buy them. Sigh. I will have to (get to) go shopping again today. Mom stayed home and finished Extremely Loud and Terribly Close. I think she liked it overall. It wasn't as comforting and familiar as her mystery books, but I do try to expand her brain however I can!

Yesterday was also my big night out on the town. I headed to Leaf Kitchen because they had a couple of new beers. Emily actually said she had missed me. That was a surprise. The bar was, sadly, completely full, so I decided not to stay and headed to Pure instead. There, I was again surprised. Staff changes galore! Oh well, life is that way sometimes. I had a couple of French 75s (basically Gin and Champagne). Not as good as the ones I make, but drinkable. A big time was had! Ok, not all that big, but it was fun.

Daily Challenge told me to eat Lycopene ridden food, so we had Asparagus

No comments: