Monday, April 2, 2012

Spinach Pockets! (Spanikopita sort of)

Thank you Cate for your directions. I had planned on making Spinach Triangles (as Cate calls them) and asked her for her recipe. I didn't use it exactly, but it was a start! Wow, there was a lot of butter used! Good thing I love butter. I wonder how well they reheat. My mom and I only ate about six of them and I think I made sixteen. I still have a lot of filling leftover. I guess I need to make more and freeze them. Apparently they freeze just fine. Goodness, the phyllo dries out quickly! Good thing I was forewarned to keep them covered and moist! Yippee!

Today is Monday! Yippee! I really need to get through a pile (literally) of crap. Tax time is looming and Karl, my brother, is doing the hard work for us. Have I mentioned lately that I really don't like money. Perhaps that is why I have so little of it. Over the years I have worked on this issue with no definitive results. Sigh and glarg. Anyway, the deadline for signing up for my mom's 60th reunion is coming up quickly too. So that is two things I need to accomplish today. And I want to mail my Daily Challenge friend Laura a few of my almond rocas. I figure four is plenty, they are so rich! And she lives an amazingly healthy lifestyle, so I will be surprised if she eats more than one of them...I can do this - it is only three things, though they all are made of of many smaller tasks. I would rather sit and work on my programming all day.

Right now, I am working through a new to me book. It is pretty good, not perfect, but not bad. I might even find out how to fix a few of the problems I am having with my first project - the concentration like game. And that makes me happy. I like to fix problems. I have, sadly, been reading really depressing things about publishing apps. Oh well, nobody buys my books, so if nobody buys my apps, it will be par for the course. Won't stop me from putting them out there, though...

Currently, I am listening to the 13th Wheel of Time Book. I have only read it once and only recalled the very highest points. It is great to be able to listen to it and get a lot more out of it. I may just have to listen to it again. And I am still frustrated that the last book's publication date was changed from March of this year to January of 2013. Grrr.

Saw two more Deadwood episodes this weekend. Wild Bill is dead, which is sad. And still watching Bones. I am on Season 5 I think. Maybe Stargate next...

Buttered phyllo

Some spinach triangles being folded

Pretty!

No comments: