Monday, April 9, 2012

Another One Down

If I keep going like this, having birthday after birthday, I will live forever! :)

Ok, I know that isn't true - as usual, it just seemed like an interesting or humorous thing to say. Yippee!

Thank you everyone who sent me happy thoughts on my birthday! The cocklets of my heart are all warm and toasted now! Yum, sounds like dinner will be good tonight! Seriously, some 100+ people took the time to communicate through Facebook with a birthday wish. Yay FB. I got a birthday card from my wonderful sister (who also wants to treat me and mom to dinner (thank you Juliet!!)). We will do that sometime this week. Figuring out where to go is the hard issue. I also got a card from Eric and Nancy! And a birthday poem from the fertile, creative brain that is Ernst. I am the luckiest!

People expressed a desire for me to do something fun, do something for me yesterday on my birthday. Though I did both of those things, sadly, it was not too much different from many other days. Mom did go out of her way to put together a birthday tray for me. She had me help her find a red round lacquered tray and then took the time to rummage through her things to come up with a pile of loot to gift me. I found the tray on the top of the toilet seat, waiting for me when I crawled out of bed Sunday. Very thoughtful. She did lament to me (and others I think) that she would have done more but didn't because of her lack of independence (can't drive and buy things on her own). Oh well.

I have decided to ignore the three issues I am having with my project right now - the tiles not flipping sometimes - the persistent views that I wish weren't there - and some weird delays that I haven't figured out. Plowing ahead with other things - I am going to add a level indicator, a scoring mechanism and score indicator and a way to grab images randomly for the different levels. I did a lot yesterday, getting levels working, adding some labels, changing some fonts, doing away with the status bar, etc. Busy programming day in fact. Yippee! (Level indicator is linked in...)

And I still had time to make dinner. We had chicken fingers. Not awesome, but edible. Edible is, apparently, a good thing.

Homemade Chicken Tenders, spinach and pasta!

The surprising birthday tray my mom made

4 comments:

Gail P said...

I think your birthday tray looks wonderful! She did a great job!

naturegirl said...

It's beautiful. And thoughtful..happy birthday Augustus...as you share the celebration along with my eldest....sending birthday hugs

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! How old is your eldest?

Augustus said...

I was impressed, Gail! Thank you!