Friday, June 28, 2013

Onwards to Thursday

The first part of my yet another day of freedom plan was to go to Seadog Brewing Company in Bangor, ME. Mom and I went a few years back - I wonder how many - maybe I can find the pictures on iPhoto...Probably not because I can't figure out a way to just click through all of the pictures! Anyway, we had a nice time, shared a lobster, I had a taster of all of their beers - I think they had fourteen on tap at that moment. I had decent memories of the place, but figured if I wanted to include it in my beer blog, which I did, I needed to revisit the place.

While I was eating and chatting with Holly the bartender and other people, I was thinking of things I like to do on my own. I realized that I enjoy going to the movies by myself. There are some movies that I like to see that I know that mom wouldn't want to. So I decided to go to the movies! Yay! The movie I chose was Man of Steel and it was playing at the Bangor 10 Multiplex. It wasn't too far - yay GPS! Tickets were $7 which isn't all that bad. I guess I missed the matinee. Or maybe that was the matinee price. Hmm. Didn't think to look. They had neat signs that showed when the movie was to start or when it started. Nice touch. I am going to admit that I am not a Superman fan overall. I much prefer the Marvel superheroes better - they have always seemed more human somehow. I did enjoy this movie, though. Despite Kevin Costner. I adore Amy Adams (who has been in movies and such since 1999 - who knew?!). And despite a bit of a frantic pace here and there, I enjoyed the story. Most likely, I will watch future installments.

After the movie, I decided to skip dinner at the house and to stay out latish. A teacher of Conducting who I chatted with briefly at Seadog suggested a Greek Bar and Restaurant called Kosta's located in Old Town (home of famous canoes) as a place with good food, good beer and good scenery. I couldn't resist. Plugged it into my GPS and away we went. Got there only to discover all the seats at the decent sized bar were occupied. Boo. I thought maybe after a walk about there might be a space, so I went and checked out a carnival that was happening in a nearby park. Not one ride that looked the least bit appealing (or safe) to me. Happy to have walked around it, just for the people watching opportunities! As I neared Kosta's again, I decided I was just going to head back to Black Bear Brewing Co. for their Thursday night music happening instead. The place is so teeny, I was wondering where they put the musicians.

I got there only to find that people were hanging out the doors it was so crowded. Not my thing at all. Luckily, I hadn't eaten dinner, so I went in search of food. Ok, not really a search, since I had pretty much determined I was going to eat at Pat's Pizza, right across the street. Good choice on my part! The food was great - I had pepperoni, artichoke heart and banana pepper pizza withe a Black Bear Gearhead beer. Yum! After dinner, I went back to the Taproom, caught Hannah's eye and told her I didn't like crowds and left. I didn't get back to my sister's house until almost 9. Yippee! But I was exhausted. A lot of driving, a lot of different experiences. Food. It was all I could do to keep my eyes open until 11 - starting this and three other posts. Sigh.

No comments: