Friday, June 14, 2013

Living between the lines

That is a phrase that popped into my head as I was sitting and thinking - meditating some people might call it - though I think that might be a bit grandiose for what I was doing. Anyway, I sometimes feel like I am, once again, sort of waiting for the next thing - the next shoe to drop. That doesn't mean that I am living in the future. Or in the past. I do think that I am living in the now. That being said, I am also trying to figure out the next thing that I want to do or next task I would most like to accomplish.

Maybe treading water is what I am doing. When I was in camp, many years ago, one of the swimming awards required one to tread water for a certain amount of time. Actually, different awards required different amounts of time treading water with different challenges. One I recall was having to tread water while holding your thumbs up and out of the water. The other was having to tread water while holding a five pound object - in my case a substantial rock. Did I mention that water and I are not friends? For me, treading water is not the most pleasant thing I could be doing - perhaps why I picked that as an analogy (is it an analogy? Or a metaphor? I get confused about those two things. Oh, and simile.) (I think it might be a metaphor - but am open to being convinced otherwise...)

What do you think of me going back to school, again, maybe for massage? I sometimes act as soon as I think of something - so I went online to look for massage schools in the area. Found one that I knew was there in Ithaca. Sent in an info request form and maybe 5 seconds after I hit "submit" the phone rang. Elena left a message (lovely voice) and also sent an email. Maybe they are eager for students?! I don't know - Ithaca is a longish way to go for classes...there is a school in Rochester as well. Both cost about the same. Where the money would come from is anyone's guess.

Well, Ithaca is out - their part time program is weekends from 9-5. That won't work easily. The other school has a night time program. Hmmm...

I forgot to mention that mom and I watched a movie together on Wednesday night. As I have mentioned previously, watching movies with mom is not always the best experience for me. This time, she sat fairly quietly and didn't worry that she didn't understand what was going on. I thought that it might be a good movie for her to watch - and it got good reviews so I thought I might be interested as well. We saw Silver Linings Playbook and I was entertained. I like Bradley Cooper generally. Jennifer Lawrence was decent. Great supporting cast - including Julia Stiles who I hadn't seen in a while (I have always liked her) and Robert Dinero who always adds energy to a movie. All in all, it was a good rent.

No comments: