Sunday, June 16, 2013

Glutton for punishment

What a great phrase! I think it was something that my mom used to say. I don't know where she got it. Anyway, I think I do enjoy torturing myself, just a little. Not in a hair shirt, cat-o-nine tails sort of way. But in a - must-watch-every-episode-of-Doctor-Who sort of way. I was hoping that there would be a complete collected Doctor Who set out there somewhere. If there is, I can't find it. Anyone? The next best thing would have been to find them all on Netflix. Nope. But what they did have was 18 episodes (average of 4 shows per episode) with a bunch of the first set of doctors. No rhyme or reason that I could tell on how they chose what to put up, but I will admit to having watched them all. Finally. It took me a while. And I also must admit, that I enjoyed them! Yay!

A year ago, mom and I were on a major trip across the country. We had just landed in Boise, Idaho. I am, again, trying to catch up with my brewpub blog, but it is hard work: finding the pictures and dredging from my brain any recollections I might have about the different places. Sigh. Beer and memory, not always a great combination!

My friends Ellen and David are nearby for a wedding. Hopefully we will get together later today. I offered to drive them to the airport.

Finally finished Water for Elephants! Took me a long while as I was listening to it only in the car. Then I broke down, found yet another cd player in the house and put it in the kitchen so I could listen while I cooked and cleaned. Yay! So glad that the book was recommended to me. I did mostly enjoy the movie - but the book was, not surprisingly, even better. Makes me sad once again that I didn't try to join Ringling Brothers for a year or two long ago. Sigh.

Mom is bloodthirsty! Last night while watching Monkey Business, we were visited by a moth. Mom wanted to kill it. Rather she wanted me to kill it. I refused. Eventually, it came to rest on mom's ice cream container (she had brought it out to finish it) so I took it out and let the moth go free. Monkey Business was entertaining, but not great. A B&W from the 1952 starring Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers with a supporting role played by Marilyn Monroe. Who knew that Cary Grant could do a cartwheel?!

No comments: