Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Day of Vacation

A friend posted a graphic that said that if minimum wage had kept pace with CEO pay increases, workers at minimum wage ought to be paid $23 an hour. I got into it with a couple of people and am still a little ticked off about it. But instead of bore you all with it - I will start a blog about it in my political blog - which has yet to see a post be shared. Sigh.

Aside from that, vacation has been pleasant. Not scintillating or exciting. Yet. There is still most of a week to go. Mom seems a little better today - Juliet pointed out that she seems more anxious in general. I hadn't interpreted it that way, but she could be right. I will ask Paul this evening. I don't want to dumb her down or mellow her out too much - droolers aren't entertaining for anyone.

I went on a little expedition in the afternoon. Had a Maine beer and a Maine lunch - lobster roll. Yum! Had a decent chat with two people from Indiana who were also lovers of beer. They had never heard of the Flying Saucer. I don't have business cards just now, so they escaped getting one of those. I really need to get some more printed - once I figure out (again) what to put on them.

Then to the post office to send off another copy of Bar Dreams! That is two that I have sold this month. And one copy of Diary of a Plate Addict that I sent off earlier. Go me! At this rate, I will have sold all 300 copies of DP by, well, someday. And the fifty or 100 copies I have of BD about the same time. Aren't I the best selling author? Well, for Renotto Press, I am the best selling author! Maybe I ought to add that to my web site.

Next stop, Rite-Aid to buy bandaids for mom. I didn't realize that there were so many brands and so many varieties. My natural proclivity is to buy large quantities of various sizes - preferably with wild or funny designs on them. For me. Mom, on the other hand, I have to buy ones that are basically invisible. Sigh.

Last stop, Hanneford, the local grocery chain - kinda like Wegman's, Harris Teeter, that sort of place. Mid scale, some of everything, trying to be sort of aware of the environment and natural foods. Not a great beer selection, but I did pick up a mix pack of Maine beer - Geary's. Not great, but there is some variety. Yay.

This ought to go in my xBox post - which will never be finished - but I discovered something new to me on one of the maps that I have played truly countless times. Ok, not truly, but a bunch. Yay! The discovery makes me laugh and smile. A lot. Yay! For those of you who don't know, I do like to play xBox when I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing.

Dinner was, once again, yummy. Juliet made a cold chicken salad plate that was scrumptious. Topped off with strawberry rhubarb pie (not on the salad...)! Woo hoo!

Lastly, I watched The Giant Mechanical Man. I enjoyed the movie overall. Not as much as the time travel movie I watched the other night, but definitely watchable. I do enjoy a good off beat romantic comedy. Here's to happy endings!

No comments: