Thursday, June 13, 2013

Life's a grind

I forgot one of the most exciting things that I did on Tuesday! Mom has stored coffee beans in her freezer - the one on the top of the refrigerator - now, if heat rises, wise is the freezer often on the top of the refrigerator? Anyway, they were in four containers and I condensed them to two. Then, I had the recollection of a grinding device that mom once had. Sure enough, there it was, sitting happily and quietly where I thought I remembered, with the other coffee paraphernalia on a shelf in the pantry. Would it still work? Yes! So, I ground up all the coffee beans and elimanated the last two containers, condensing all of the coffee beans that have been sitting around into one coffee container! Woo hoo! See, I actually accomplished something of note on Tuesday! Go me!

Looks like there are only twelve more boxes to sort in the alcove before it is emptied! Yay! I did one (the thirteenth) yesterday. And yes, more aggressive on the tossing of stuff. For me it is such a mixed blessing to let stuff go. Even if it isn't my stuff.

Also looks like we are going to Maine at the end of the month for a week! Not sure how much, if any, time off I am going to get, but it will be nice to have a change of scenery.

Leaf Kitchen re-opened after their break. Changing things up again, they have decided not to do table service, except maybe on the weekends. Their menu has also changed, focusing on their sandwiches and de-focusing their entrees. They still have good beer, which after all is the most important thing. Well, ok, not most important.

Things have slowed way down here at the Schoen-René household since Grace's departure.


No comments: