Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fixing a hole...

If you are tired of reading about my days, I can't really blame you. Though, you must admit, I do sneak in a bit of drama, perhaps a soupçon of humor, a dollop of philosophy and who knows, maybe a scintilla of ultimate truth. Ok, maybe not. It is just a blog about life. And such...

And such was life yesterday. Again, I didn't sleep well. But I managed to get enough sleep that I made it through the day. Yay! Making it through a day is a good thing. The weather was still cool here in beautiful Geneva NY, so I grabbed a long sleeve shirt out of my closet. Turned out it was one I hadn't worn in a long time - maybe as long as since I first got it in 1996 - that's right - 17 years ago! Eeeek! Time flies as one becomes more ripe. 17 years ago, I was working for Macromedia in San Francisco (I really hate it when people call it San Fran - don't know why, I guess I am just a hater at heart) and we were "Shocking" people's web experiences. I was a presenter at the tradeshow and had a great time. Met one of my future ex-girlfriends there. This shirt brought back a lot of memories for me. Mom recognized that she had never seen it before. Still amazes me what she remembers and what she doesn't.

I spent part of the morning figuring out what I needed to do that day and what I needed to do the day after that, which would be today. I still haven't figured out what I need to do today, but I did do what I figured I had to do yesterday. Or at least I did what I did yesterday...

Lunch got served early-ish so that I could get everything done that needed to get done. Like more errands. This time, only a few. More pills for mom - sadly, my Favorite Pharmacist wasn't there. And more laundry. I did one load of laundry, a teeny load, comprised mostly of vomit tainted things from yesterday's mishap. The funniest part of this was finding all of the little green puff balls that used to adorn the bottom of the stool cover. I recovered about 10 of them - but from a cursory glance at the cover, I didn't really miss them. Yay! While the laundry was launderying, I walked to Tops to get a few groceries. Wegman's was working on their dairy section, so I didn't get any yogurt there yesterday and I rightly guessed that Tops would not also be working on their dairy section. Yogurt for mom! Rah! Gotta keep her fed as long as she has an appetite! On the way back from Tops, I passed my favorite Staples employee on a smoke (ick) break and complimented her on her engagement ring. She waggled it at me again and seemed happy to be engaged.

Back home again, I folded up all the laundry that had been hung around the house, creatively, I must add (like over my door, and in the red room, etc.) as well as the most lately washed stuff and distributed it and the laundry that had been folded yesterday. Then I did some work in the study, moving boxes in the ongoing excavation of the alcove. I think I dug out all the boxes that contained old mom stuff. Yippee! Baby steps.

Oh, I took a minute to install the hook in the back entry way - the one I mentioned yesterday. Got out my electric drill, made a pilot hole and screwed the hook in. Mr. Handy strikes again. That wasn't so hard. Then I carried a metallic desk from the 40s (I think) down to the depths where it will reside for the rest of time! Bwahahahahahahaha!

Before I knew it, it was dinner time - we had to have it a bit early in order to get to the Smith for me to show a film. Speaking of which, there is a bit of a kerfuffle this weekend because there are four showings of a film and no one is available to cover them all. I have reluctantly agreed to do one, because Grace was gracious (I mean, you would expect her to be with that name) enough to agree to come and sit through it.

Last night's movie was Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times. I have seen it before - in a classroom situation. It was cool to see it in a theatre on the big screen! Decently attended, there were some kids in the audience who were, surprisingly, quite tickled by it! I heard them laughing from where I was perched up in the balcony! Mom thought it was too long at 87 minutes.

After getting back, mom had ice cream and stayed up watching TV for a while. I played a little bit and then watched Pitch Perfect, which I had forgotten had arrived. I am glad I decided to watch it. Sure, it was like Bring it On (again and again and again) and Glee and any number of freaks and geeks triumphing in the end movies, but I love those. Lots. Good music, pretty scenery, what's not to like?

Oh, I forgot, I took myself off of POF for the time being. I am still on OK Cupid. (Both are dating sites.)


No comments: