Friday, June 7, 2013

Got 'er done

It was another busy day - all day. And then today was pretty full too. Yay.


Wait! What? You would like more information? From l'il ole me? Well, ok, just this once.

My goal for the day was to get the house into some semblance of readiness for my guest Grace's arrival. And in the fullness of time, I did get everything accomplished. Though it took me until almost midnight. Mainly because I am slow.

First on the list was to get everything that could be easily gotten moved, out from the rooms that Grace was going to choose from to sleep in. There were two, with different amounts of different stuff to be moved. There was a little oreck vacuum cleaner and iron and assorted stuff in one. Some foam rubber, some hangars and a suitcase in the other. As well as some boxes of mom's stuff from the alcove in the study area. I toted what seemed like endless bales, er, boxes but did eventually get everything in its place.

We had to take a time out for things like lunch, the aide's visit and an eye appointment for mom. The eye appointment was at a satellite office of the Canadaigua office that we went to most recently. Unfortunately, since they have a smaller staff, our wait was longer, which wasn't fun. It did give me time to take care of finding another projectionist for this weekend for The Smith. Yay. Later that evening, around 8 I think, I went in and trained him for an hour on what needed to be done.

We did get to finally see the eye doctor, who said that mom's eyes looked irritated. Very helpful. She gave us a lot of samples of glop to put in them, but I am going to put off trying to use them until it is clear that the artificial tears we have won't suffice. If mom says her eyes hurt, I remind her to put the drops in. Hopefully that will work. As a treat, I stopped at Mr. Twistee and got mom a dish of cappuccino crunch. She likes it.


Dinner, then the training at the Smith and then back to finish up the two rooms. I finished making both beds, as well as doing dishes, making some chicken salad for mom's lunch for today, taking a shower and, hmm, something else productive. Can't think what it could have been just now, but whatever it was, I got 'er done! Yay! Sleep was a good thing, 'cause I got up early this morning to drive to Buffalo!

2 comments:

Bill McKinley said...

Will you be at the Buffalo airport? I am in Buffalo at the moment and/but my father is dropping me off at the airport at 10 am! So I will wave to you!

Augustus said...

Thank you for the wave! :)