Sunday, June 2, 2013

Huge Job

It has been a while since I did this job before - ripping off all the perforated edge bits and then tearing sheets of paper apart - and it is a huge job. I will have touched every single sheet of 2500 pieces of paper. Eeek. I am about an 8th of the way done and the end is a  really long way away. This task, though, is a perfect example of what can be accomplished a little bit at a time. I know that eventually it will be finished. And when it is complete? On to the next task. Yay!

Not a wild Saturday by any stretch of the imagination. Then again, few days are actually "wild" around here and in my life. Interesting, some are. But wild? Rarely.

This particular Saturday was pleasant. Most of it was spent puttering in the study - I have gotten it mostly cleaned out! Yay! It feels a little weird to turn around and discover that I actually am not surrounded by crap! I could almost do a Sun Salute in there - without the jumping bit - where did the jumping bit come in? Whatever. My next goal is to clean out the alcove - enough so that I can re-hang pa's portrait in there. I am thinking that will take me all week - but we shall see. Sometimes these projects can take as long as I think - sometimes less, sometimes more. My motto and my credo (are those the same thing? Google, tell me the answer...well, they are similar - though credo has a religious overtone...) is to under promise over produce. An example: Sure, sir, I will have that report to you by Friday at noon. (In one's mind you calculate that it will be easy to have it done by Thursday noon.) Hand it to him when complete - either Thursday noon or Thursday before you leave work. Bask in the glow of his surprised utterances of gratitude. Much better than overpromise and under produce, which seems to be the norm. An example: I'll call you tomorrow. A call comes two days later. While you are sleeping. Sigh. Did I mention that I hate the phone?

I also cooked dinner - tacos. Yum. With sour cream, salsa, taco sauce, lettuce and cheese! I wanted a Mexican like meal, so needed beans. Made steamed green ones. With butter and garlic salt and pepper. I had to make the meal and then head out quickly to The Smith to show a movie.

The movie was Blancanieves. Hmm. Not a movie I would have gone out of my way to see, but interesting and entertaining all things considered. It is a Spanish movie inspired by the Grimms story of Snow White. Made as a modern silent film, set in the early 1900s and centered around bull fighting. The biggest drawback of the movie - there were only 6 dwarves! What the heck is that about? (There was actually a little joke about that in the film.) It has gotten great reviews and as I said, it was a good movie. Just not one that I would have ever thought to see. Glad I saw it though. And it was, for the Smith, decently attended.

See, not a wild Saturday. Pleasant indeed, though! Off to make Cole Slaw!


No comments: