Thursday, June 20, 2013

A day of this, that and the other laundry

Laundry day! Gotta love it. I have not, as yet, ventured down into the depths of the basement to check to see if the dryer is functional. I will be pleasantly surprised should it actually work still. My lack of spelunking being the case, I haven't, as of yet, done more than a brief survey of what the washer world contains in the way of options. So, it was off to the laundromat for me.

It was quite empty - so, maybe Wednesdays will be laundry day going forward. Or have they already been "the day." I don't know. Once every two weeks do I do laundry? Does that seem about right? Three large loads (or four smaller loads) in two weeks. Too much? Too little? Just enough? While the laundry was, er launderizing, I went for a wander - to get some pills for mom from our lovely Rite-Aid and just a little walkabout of the mall. Such a beautiful day for walking around! Lots of pleasant scenery as well.

After laundry, I did some food shopping at Wegman's - which is always a fun experience. Most of the time. And then a quick trip to the library to pick up two more audio books. I am toying with the idea of heading to the NYC area while mom is in Maine with Juliet. It is a long drive - and I don't really have a place to stay, so I might not. But I am toying with the idea. I was sort of thinking to head down on Tuesday and back to Maine on Thursday. I can't remember if we are supposed to be leaving on Saturday or Sunday. Oh, speaking of which, I really need to remember to stop the mail for a week. And to remember that I can walk to the post office on Hobart's campus to do that! To get back to my original thought - I got the audio books in case I do end up spending a lot of time in the car by myself driving around.

Dinner ended up being chicken thighs with spinach and corn on the cob. Not too bad. I think I mostly have the menus planned for the rest of the week - I need to use up the stuff I have in the fridge so that little will go bad while we are away.

Leaf Kitchen was rocking for beer night! Ok, not really, but I had fun. And I had raspberries in my Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. Good chatting with all and sundry. A nice evening out. And about.

I was hoping to love The Bourne Legacy and, sadly, I did not. It was ok at best. I liked the two lead actors, Jeremy Renner who was in the Ghost Protocol and Rachel Weisz, but there was just nothing oomphie there. Most of the best action sequences were in the trailer for the film. Edward Norton did not instill in me the same excitement that he has in other movies in which he has appeared. Just eh. Well, got lost there for a minute on IMDB. What a great website! Or at least I think it is great. I just wish there were a link to Netflix on it - a one click - add to my list feature. Oh well, can't have everything. Or can we?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can stop your mail online. It takes about 3 minutes. Perhaps you'd rather walk to the PO, but if you want to get it done in a flash, online is the way to go. I always stop my mail that way now. But I have a busy life and don't live walking distance to a PO.

Augustus said...

I had thought there must be a way to do it online, Anonymous. And if we ever travel when the weather is particularly inclement, I will do just that. For now, I do live within walking distance of two POs. Yay!