Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weird Dream

I dreamt that "they" were after me. First, I jumped out of my car as it was moving down a street or alley - lucky I did because a large delivery van exploded and careened into the car from behind! Eeeek. I ran to look for someplace to hide and destroyed two little recon drone type flying thingies that were chasing me. Then, after things had seemed to calm down for a second, I went to look for my car to see if I could find it - I couldn't. Some guy helped me locate where it had been taken - apparently to be dismantled. I eventually found a box that contained things that had been in the car - but never examined all the stuff - because they started to attack me again - this time with a river of sludge - but my alter ego found a vehicle - some sort of tractor-let - that enabled us to escape for the time being. I am sure there was a bit more and more details could be dragged out of my brain, but I think you all get the picture.

So, I didn't do much of anything yesterday, despite my desires and my hopes. No laundry, no coin counting, no books added to my database. Sigh. I did, though, go out to do some food shopping. I also stopped for a beer at the Smoke House - the new place that opened in earlier July. It was dead. Only one bartender and a bar manager (who wasn't behind the bar all that much). Lots of servers, but few customers. The bartender barely spoke to me, despite me being the only person at the bar and her not getting any orders to speak of. I did chat with the bar manager a bit. Mostly about the high price of her flight of beers - $10 for 20ish ounces of beer. That seemed high to me. She said she had had no complaints. I didn't point out that people don't complain unless they are really pissed, usually. But my math showed it was pretty expensive. Two pints of their most expensive beer (32ish ounces) is only $11. Doing the math we have $.50 per ounce versus $.34 per ounce for the a pint. Quite a difference, n'est-ce pas? Whatever. I don't plan to go there for another two or three weeks. At least.

I also went Wegman's for groceries for dinner. I made mom some baked salmon, an ear of corn and broccoli. And for me, pizza with pepperoni, banana peppers (what is the difference between banana peppers and pepperoncini?) and artichoke hearts. Yum. I have left over pizza for lunch for the next few days. Aren't I the luckiest guy on the planet?

Speaking of lucky, mom and I get to have a free lunch today. Luckily, we woke up early and will have plenty of time to get dressed and get out. Yay!

No comments: