Saturday, July 20, 2013

One down, one to go

Last night was opening night for the opera. Sadly, there were not very many people in the audience. Happily, the show went pretty well. There were a couple of mistakes. One late curtain. One forgotten hatstand. And one forgotten bench. Luckily the last one was the actors' fault and not the stage crew's fault. I also had the added difficulty of having to run from backstage to the Mezzanine, set up a quick exception in the HVAC system to turn the air conditioning on again and then back to continue resetting the stage for the next act.

The performers came alive on show night. All four of the leads did a great job. And the chorus really came together. No, I am not forgetting Garsevan, who did a funny job as the notary. I am happy to be associated with this production!

After the show, we were all treated to an Indian meal at the restaurant across the street from the Smith: Pure. I had some beef dish that was a smidge spicier than was comfortable, but I struggled through it. Happily.

Other than that, not a lot of interest occurred. I think I got up, made mom lunch and puttered around while waiting to head to the theatre.

One performance down, one to go!

No comments: