Friday, July 5, 2013

Some interesting title

Toothpaste tubes are weird. I swear that the one I am using is empty. Really. Yet, whenever I go to brush my teeth, I do the tube-squeeze dance and low and behold another toothbrushful comes out! Maybe I have a never ending tube of toothpaste?! Anything is possible.

I had a minor epiphany yesterday. In the past, I have given mom a large mug filled with coffee. When she asks for more, I tended to balk a little and maybe gave her half of the large mug filled up again. Yes, I am evil, I am trying to limit my mom's consumption of coffee. And none after 2 especially. Anyway, she often complains that she didn't get enough coffee and sometimes forgets that she had any coffee at all. Yesterday, I realized (for the umpteenth time) that her perception is her reality. So, I decided to use a smaller cup and to fill it twice. And boy was she happier! Yay!

Kind of a quiet Fourth of July for us here. Mom watched a show on TV - A Capital Fourth - which she said wasn't very good and that the fireworks weren't as good as the ones at the Legion. I napped. Sadly, I didn't tell mom (not that she would necessarily have remembered) that I was going to nap. So she thought I had gone out - and fretted a little about that. I am sad that she frets when I am gone.

Though I did have a scare myself yesterday along the same lines. I had been playing for a little bit and came upstairs to check on mom. I called out and heard no response. Initial thought, she was in the bathroom. Or dead. (Yes, I think about this happening now and again.) I checked in her room - not there. I called out again - no response - so not in the bathroom either. I know that mom went out once without telling me - she went to cut some flowers in the garden. So I thought - this is it, she has started to wander - I guess I will need to do all of that stuff to keep her locked in the house. Then, I realized, that she sometimes sits on the porch to read - not frequently, but every once in a while. This was one of those occasions! Yippee and phew!

Dinner was corn on the cob, asparagus (a little less cooked than last time, but still over done for my taste) and fajita flavored chicken tacos. Yay! Easy and tasty. And hopefully mostly nutritious.

As I said, not the most exciting July Fourth - but it had its share of eventful occurrences!

Oh, I dreamt that I was in a romantic relationship. One can dream, right?

No comments: